Hearing Instrument Specialists are individuals who engage in the practice of dispensing or fitting hearing aids.
APPRENTICE HEARING INSTRUMENT SPECIALIST
Requirements to apply:
- 18 years of age, minimum.
- Holds a high school diploma or equivalent proof of high school education.
- Supervisor must be a licensed hearing instrument specialist or a licensed audiologist in good standing with that boardof licensure.
- Application Fee: $66.00
The apprentice term will be one year of full time or the equivalent of part time. If the apprentice does not complete the hourly equivalent of 1 year of apprenticeship (2,080 hours) within 18 months, the apprentice may petition the board for an extension.
During the apprenticeship, the apprentice must complete an International Hearing Society Home Study Course and submit proof of passing prior to taking the next available licensure exam scheduled by the board
To apply for initial (non-reciprocity) licensure, you will need to submit the materials described below:
- Notarized License Application: The application includes a form that must be completed by the Massachusettslicensed Hearing Instrument Specialist who supervised the required one (1) year full-time or equivalent part-time,apprenticeship.
- International Hearing Society Home Study Course Certificate: A copy of your International Hearing SocietyHome Study Course certificate of completion.
- Application Fee: A check or money order for $130.00, made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The exam fee for International Hearing Society exam is $255.00
Become A Graduate In 3 to 6 Months
For Queries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or to get in touch with an admission representative, Call us at (903) 487-0097.