Under the Pennsylvania Hearing Aid Sales Registration Law, Act 262, all fitters or sellers of hearing aids must be registered with the Pennsylvania Department of Health Hearing Aid Program.
- Establish a relationship with a Pennsylvania Registered Hearing Aid Fitter who is willing to sponsor and train you as an apprentice.
- Complete an apprentice application and return it to the Department of Health/Hearing Aid Program with the required fee for approval. A sponsor signed training and education outline must be enclosed for approval.
- Certificate and information package will be mailed to you within 7- 10 days of application approval.
- You must complete a minimum six-month training period working FULL TIME (approx. 30 to 40 hours a week).
- You must be supervised by your sponsor for as long as you remain an active (practicing) apprentice
- Upon completion of your six-month training period, you must pass all eight parts of the hearing aid fitters’ exam given by the Department of Health
- Upon completion of the six-month apprentice training period:
- You will have the opportunity to register for the next scheduled exam given by the Department of Health TWICEa year in Harrisburg.
- And, in the event you do not pass all eight parts the first time, you will have the opportunity to renew your registration certification and register for the next scheduled exam.
- At this time, Pennsylvania does not require the completion of a practical exam only to obtain a Fitters registration.
The test consists of a total of 160 multiple & true/false questions. You need to score 70% or better for EACH exam. At this time, Pennsylvania does not require the completion of a practical exam only to obtain a Fitters registration.
Part I – Anatomy & Physiology
Part II – Functions of Hearing Aids
Part III – Grounds for Revocation/Suspension/Probation
Part IV – Violations and Penalties
Part V – Procedures and Equipment
Part VI – Taking Earmold Impressions
Part VII – Medical and Rehab Facilities
Part VIII – Medical Referral
When do I become a LicensedHearing Aid Dispenser?
You become a licensed hearing aid dispenser after successful completion of all eight parts of the PA Hearing Aid Fitters Exam. A certificate of registration will be mailed to you. Upon receipt of this certificate, you are permitted to independently fit and sell hearing aids in Pennsylvania
- Hearing Aid Dealer Registration – $200.00
- Hearing Aid Dealer Renewal – $100.00
- Apprentice Fitter Registration – $50.00
- Apprentice Fitter Renewal – $100.00
- Late Registration Fee Penalty – $50.00
Pay fee(s) by check or money order payable to “Commonwealth of PA”, or we now accept the major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). Do not send cash.
Become A Graduate In 3 to 6 Months
For Queries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or to get in touch with an admission representative, Call us at (903) 487-0097.