Skip to content
PRESCRIBE AND ANALYZEAnshul Mahajan2013-08-28T07:30:55-07:00
PRESCRIBE AND ANALYZE HEARING AID
• In consultation with the patient and family (taking into account their lifestyle, special needs, hearing aid style, technology and price category preferences), selecting the hearing aid that will best fit their needs.
• Provide measurable results of improved hearing thresholds and ease of communication.
• The appropriate specifications for the hearing aid will be selected.
Indication for Procedure:
• Individuals identified with hearing loss who have reached a level of acceptance regarding their loss and are ready to seek help from amplification.
• Determine hearing aid needed for severity, type and configuration of hearing loss, keeping in mind the patient’s history, lifestyle and audiogram.
• Discuss with patient the various levels of technology and their different price categories to aid in determination of hearing aid prescription.
• Identify physical limitations affecting hearing instrument selection.
• Prior to dispensing the hearing aid, verification of hearing aid performance is conducted via a listening check to rule out excessive circuit noise, intermittency and/or poor sound quality.
• Perform electroacoustic analysis to determine if hearing aid is performing according to manufacturer’s specifications.
• Confirm telecoil function.
• Programmable and digital hearing aids should be programmed prior to patient’s arrival to ensure integrity of programming system and hearing aids.
(Reprinted from the International Hearing Society web site open to the public) www.ihsinfo.org