• In consultation with the patient and family (taking into account their lifestyle, special needs, hearing aid style, technology and price category preferences), selecting the hearing aid that will best fit their needs.
• Provide measurable results of improved hearing thresholds and ease of communication.
• The appropriate specifications for the hearing aid will be selected.
Indication for Procedure:
• Individuals identified with hearing loss who have reached a level of acceptance regarding their loss and are ready to seek help from amplification.
• Determine hearing aid needed for severity, type and configuration of hearing loss, keeping in mind the patient’s history, lifestyle and audiogram.
• Discuss with patient the various levels of technology and their different price categories to aid in determination of hearing aid prescription.