Hearing Aid Specialist/Hearing Instrument Specialist

State Licensing Requirements – U.S. Territories

The contact information below is provided by the individual state providing licensing and is subject to change without notice. The Hearing Aid Academy is providing this information for students and prospective students to be able to contact their state about licensing requirements, however your education advisor will review your state’s licensing guidelines in detail with you once you enroll as a student.Contact the state’s licensure board or regulatory agency for exact licensure, certification, or registration requirements in your jurisdiction.

Licensure and Practice Information For U.S.


About U.S. Territory Information

The abbreviation SLP or SP stands for speech-language pathology or pathologist, as appropriate, the abbreviation AUD stands for audiology or audiologist, as appropriate, and the abbreviation HAD stands for Hearing Aid Dealer.

The term “clinical fellow,” used throughout, means a person completing the post graduate professional experience requirement.

The information reported here is submitted to the ASHA by licensure boards or regulatory agencies responsible for regulating the professions of SLP and/or AUD. It is only intended for informational use, and should not be construed as legal advice. For the exact licensure, certification, or registration requirements in your jurisdiction, please contact the licensure board, or regulatory agency.


Questions regarding state advocacy issues? Call ASHA at 800-498-2071 and ask for the State Advocacy Team.